Curriculum and Spiritual Development
- Daily - Bible class daily .
- Weekly - Chapel once a week
- Fall - Spiritual retreats
- Spring - Spiritual Emphasis Week
- Studying the Word of God. Both Teacher-led and Student-led Bible studies happen throughout the year at lunchtime, before and after school on both the Middle and High School campuses.
- Outreach. Meager Rations is a student-led missions group that focuses on outreach activities. There is also the opportunity to go on a mission trip to Ecuador in the summertime.
School Chaplain: Perry Floyd
Bible College Undergrad; Master of Divinity; experience as both pastor and youth pastor. Heart for kids of all ages, from preschool to retirement. Perry serves as Chaplain for all three campuses of HOPE Christian School.
Three Assistant Chaplains - (HCHS teachers) - one who was a Navy chaplain, one with Biblical counseling experience, and another lay counselor. They provide pastoral care to students and families on all three campuses based on our Principals’ recommendations. Our chaplains have relationships with area licensed professional counselors and often refer students and/or families out for ongoing biblical counseling.
Student Chaplains and assistants from from the Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior classes on Student Council (8 total). These student servants meet weekly with the School Chaplain to pray for the school, staff, and families, and to discuss relevant topics for chapel. They also serve as advisors to our staff chaplains in selecting relevant special chapel topics such as Depression and Anxiety, Suicide, and more which have been magnified by COVID.
School Counselor: Marlina McCall
Dual master's degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and School Counseling; licensed mental health counselor (LMHC); licensed K-12 professional school counselor in the state of New Mexico; five years of experience working in a school setting, trained in crisis management and suicide prevention.